Stornoway Running and Athletics Club
Here are hopefully all the details you need for race day, please read them carefully and remember the bus boarding time for your race:
– You can pick up your race number from 5pm in the main lounge of Stornoway Golf Club. Please pin the race number to your front and make sure it is visible at all times and not obscured by jackets or any other clothing while you are running, especially when approaching the finish line.
– Please don’t take your car to the Golf Club car park as parking is very limited there and we need plenty space for the buses. Please park elsewhere and walk/run to registration.
– There will be a short race briefing in the Golf Club main lounge at 5.40pm for the 10K and 6.20pm for the 5K.
– Everyone will be bused to the start of the race please don’t take your car to the start of the race. The buses for the 10K will leave the Golf Club car park at 5.50pm, and the 5k bus will leave there at 6.30pm.
– Board the bus ready to run, you can leave kit at the Golf Club, please don’t leave any kit on the buses. Also remember there will be no toilets at the start line, there are toilets in the Golf Club.
– The 10K will start at 6.15pm, the 5K will start at 6.45pm.
– After the race we will have food and drinks back in the main lounge of the Golf Club, please show your race number to claim yours. All runners are entitled to one free burger or sausage roll and one free drink from the bar – alcoholic or not!
– The prize giving will take place in the lounge as soon as everyone is finished and results have been finalised.
Please note no headphones should be worn during the race in accordance with our Scottish Athletics race licence and UK Athletics rule 240 S 5 – “The wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in races on any single carriageway road that is not wholly closed to traffic.” You need to be able to hear traffic and the instructions of the race marshals at road crossings.
All the best and see you Friday!
We have a new Wacky Races champ, Laura Maciver was today presented with the famous Wacky Racers Winter Series Shield! The series went right down to the wire in the last race with Laura just pipping Brenda to the title by 4 points, Valerie Hamilton had a great result in the final race to finish third overall. Laura, who had never run under 30 minutes in a 5k before this series, had brilliant performances throughout the winter and in the final race improved her PB to 26 mins! Well done Laura!!
Thanks to everyone that took part in the Wacky Races this past winter, 69 different folk ran in at least one race. Extra special kudos to Laura, Brenda, Karen Wight and Scott Engine Ear for running all five races! Also big thanks to Eve, Willie and Adrienne for helping us with timing.
Here are the final standings – Wacky Races 2018-19 Results, the ladies dominated this year!
Laura pictured below being presented with the Wacky Shield and special limited edition mug.
Goodbye from the Wacky Races until the next winter 🙂 Norm & Murd
Final results from the OGM in Stornoway on 23 March 2019
ogm march 2019 final results
Stornoway Running and Athletics Club OGM will be held on Saturday 20th April @ Running track on Smith Avenue Stornoway.
Registration is at 9:45am (sharp). Entries will close on midday Saturday 13th April where there will be NO late entries – No entries on the day and NO change of events on the day.
Our first event is expected to start at 10.30am with our last event expected to finish at 16:30pm.
Please see attached Entry Form.
The SRAC senior sub group have launched a new training plan working towards the Stornoway Half Marathon and 10k. See/download the plan below, the cover page includes details of when session are held – all welcome including non-members! 🙂
Provisional results from yesterday’s OGM:
Please see the timetable for tomorrow’s OGM here – OGM March 2019 Timetable
OGM March 2019 Timetable (pdf)
Results from Lewis & Harris XC Race 3 2018/19 and the Western Isles XC Championships now available – https://srac.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/xc-race-3-results-final-201819.pdf
20/04/19 – OGM 2, Stornoway
10/05/19 – North District T&F Champs, Inverness
15/06/19 – WI Track & Field Champs
20/07/19 – Berneray 10k
10/08/19 – Scottish T&F Champs
24/08/19 – OGM 3, Stornoway
24/08/19 – 2 Islands Half Marathon
14/09/19 – Invitational Track & Field meeting