Here are hopefully all the details you need for race day, please read them carefully and remember the bus boarding time for your race:
– You can pick up your race number from 5pm in the main lounge of Stornoway Golf Club. Please pin the race number to your front and make sure it is visible at all times and not obscured by jackets or any other clothing while you are running, especially when approaching the finish line.
– Please don’t take your car to the Golf Club car park as parking is very limited there and we need plenty space for the buses. Please park elsewhere and walk/run to registration.
– There will be a short race briefing in the Golf Club main lounge at 5.40pm for the 10K and 6.20pm for the 5K.
– Everyone will be bused to the start of the race please don’t take your car to the start of the race. The buses for the 10K will leave the Golf Club car park at 5.50pm, and the 5k bus will leave there at 6.30pm.
– Board the bus ready to run, you can leave kit at the Golf Club, please don’t leave any kit on the buses. Also remember there will be no toilets at the start line, there are toilets in the Golf Club.
– The 10K will start at 6.15pm, the 5K will start at 6.45pm.
– After the race we will have food and drinks back in the main lounge of the Golf Club, please show your race number to claim yours. All runners are entitled to one free burger or sausage roll and one free drink from the bar – alcoholic or not!
– The prize giving will take place in the lounge as soon as everyone is finished and results have been finalised.
Please note no headphones should be worn during the race in accordance with our Scottish Athletics race licence and UK Athletics rule 240 S 5 – “The wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in races on any single carriageway road that is not wholly closed to traffic.” You need to be able to hear traffic and the instructions of the race marshals at road crossings.
All the best and see you Friday!